|English Teaching Assistantships are offered in many countries worldwide.
Each ETA Program is designed by the host country, and individual elements may vary by country.
In most cases, ETAs:
For complete and updated information about the program, please visit http://us.fulbrightonline.org/thinking_teaching.html
- Are placed in schools or universities outside of capital cities
- Are assigned various activities designed to improve their students' language abilities and knowledge of the United States
- Are fully integrated into the host community, increasing their own language skills and knowledge of the host country
- May pursue individual study/research plans in addition to ETA responsibilities (see Tips for further information on Statement of Purpose for ETAs)
- Applicants for English Teaching Assistantships can apply to only one country. Multi-country ETA projects will not be considered.